Wednesday 12 October 2016

The cry of an unborn girl



Don’t stamp out me, O!! Mother
For I shall be the best sister to my brother 
wouldn’t you accept me if I were a son?
Just because I am a daughter, will you shun?

You deny me before He drew the lines on my palms?
Oh father! Give me this life, as your alms
Grand ma? How could you betray another woman
You want to kill your little baby when its life has just begun?

I shall give you all the happiness and joy
Bring you the honor and pride more than a boy!
I want to be your little princess, dear father
When you turn old, I shall take care as your mother 

Chant all day, worship Goddesses with sweets, gold and pearl
Now you’re ready to commit a sin by killing this blessed girl?
I plead not to build me my tomb
Even before I emerge from my mother’s womb! 

No comments:

Post a Comment